Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Collect
- Information We Obtain By Automated Means
- How We Use Your Information
- Third-Party Analytics Services
- Intended Use By Adults
- How To Contact Us
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information we collect include:
- “Identifiers” such as your alias/preferred name and email address. All other personal information shared with Milonyx is optional.
- Payment and financial information, such as your credit/debit card number, expiration date and security code, bank account number, and billing address. Your credit/debit card number is collected and stored by Stripe, a third-party payment processor on our behalf. Milonyx store only the last four digits of your payment card.
- Membership and usage information if you are an Milonyx member, such as the Clubs you visit and the times you check in, workouts you log, classes you book, and information provided when you purchase or schedule training sessions and spa treatments.
- Personal preferences such as favorite clubs, classes and instructors.
- Information in connection with applying for a job at Milonyx such as employer and employment history, education, job function, salary, professional certifications and other resume information.
- Information from third-party fitness devices, apps or services (e.g., Apple Health) if you choose to connect such devices, apps or services to your account or our Sites.
- Other Information you provide to us, including through emails and other communications, surveys, information or content transmitted or uploaded through your Milonyx account (such as posts to message boards), and interactions with Milonyx and its personnel, or information when you enter any sweepstakes, contests or promotions we may offer.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
In all cases, we will collect the personal information described above directly from you
Information we obtain by automated means
When you interact with our Sites, or when you connect to our Wi-Fi network at one of our Clubs, we obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
We use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, devices, internet connection, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our services, web browser characteristics, browsing history, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of visits to our Sites. We may also obtain information about how you interact with the Sites, such as features and pages you visit, search queries, and download errors. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our products and services; (3) tailor the products and services around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our products and services and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our products and services.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before using cookies or similar tools.
Certain web browsers allow you to instruct your browser to send Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals to websites you visit, informing those sites that you do not want your online activities to be tracked. At this time, our Sites are not designed to respond to DNT signals or similar mechanisms from browsers.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the personal information we obtain about you to perform our contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you, including to:
- Provide our services, products and other offerings to you;
- Establish, manage and administer your membership and account with us, including verifying customer information and carrying out billing functions. We reserve the right to use any contact information held on file (including email, mailing address, and telephone or mobile phone) to contact to you when administering your membership.
- Process and fulfill your purchases in connection with our membership opportunities, products and services (e.g., training sessions, retail purchases and spa treatments), and keeping you informed about the status of your membership and purchases.
- Provide customer support services.
- Manage career opportunities, including for recruitment purposes, candidate screening, interviewing and evaluation, and employee onboarding.
- Establish and manage our relationships with our vendors, providers, suppliers and consultants.
We also use the information we obtain based on our legitimate interests and business purposes, including to:
- Personalize and improve your experience on the Sites and at our Clubs.
- Provide you with a more personalized and relevant membership with Milonyx.
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, sweepstakes, surveys, events, programs, contests, promotions and other offers.
- Enable our affiliated companies and business partners (e.g., on-premises cafes and charitable organizations we partner with) to provide you with products and services, and send you information that you requested or that we think may interest you about their products or services.
- Respond to your requests and inquiries.
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business, including by operating, administering, analyzing and improving our Sites, products and services; conducting research and developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions.
- Perform analytics (including market research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
- Protect against, identify and prevent safety and security issues, fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Conduct investigations and comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies and terms, and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in administrative or out-of-court procedures.
We use your personal information for these purposes because we have a legitimate business interest in providing services to our members, guests and other interested individuals that is not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms to protect personal information about you.
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (e.g., to process your payment). In this case, we may not be able to provide you with the product or service you have requested but we will endeavor to notify you if this is the case.
We also may use the information we collect about you in other ways for which we will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent if required by applicable law.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We use third-party web analytics services on our Sites, such as Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use automated technologies to collect data (such as IP addresses) to evaluate use of the Sites.
To learn how to opt out of Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The Sites are intended for use by adults, and you may use the Sites only if you are at least eighteen (18) years of age or, consistent with our membership policies, have parental consent if you are sixteen (16) or seventeen (17) years old. The Sites are not intended for or directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).